Monday 16 June 2008

Holding on God Strongly......


Today, I had a chance to play a game that I would never think of playing. My friends and I went to a beach and played Boogie board. It was very fun but tired and sour. Boogie board is a type of water activity that letting a strong wave pushes you to furthest distance. There are several steps to play Boogie board. First, you need to tie the string that attached to the board so that the board will not be pushed away by waves. Second, you will hold the board, stand in the middle of the sea, and wait for a strong wave to come. While waiting, you need to get ready and jump into the wave right before the wave hit you. (You need to jump in an exact time so that the wave will push you as far as possible.) After the wave has hit you, you need to relax your body. Then the wave can bring you to the furthest distance. To enjoy boogie board, you need to have skill and stamina.

While playing boogie board, I thought of our spiritual lives. Tying the attached string on hand symbolizes holding on God. Standing in the middle of the sea and waiting for waves to come symbolize our lives in the world that full of problems. If I hold on my boogie board strongly, I will not afraid to sinking. If we hold on God strongly, we will never afraid of problems. Wave hitting, relaxing body, and going along with the strong wave symbolize the way we face our problems. While problems come, we need relaxation to face the problems and go along with the problems by God’s strength. Skill and stamina are needed to enjoy boogie board. Knowing God and strong spiritual life are needed to ‘enjoy’ problems.

2 Samuel 22:5-7, ‘When the waves of the death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; the sorrow of the hell compassed me about; the snares of the death prevented me; in my distress I called upon the LORD and cried to my GOD; and He did heard my voice out of His temple; and my cry did enter into His ears.

God heard Daniel’s cry.
For sure He will hear our cry if we cry out to Him.


Ai Chin

1 comment:

Andy said...

Ai Chin... your spiritual life if continuing to prosper! These words are very powerful and encouraging.
God has blessed you so much. Come home & bless us!!!!